Wednesday 27 November 2013

27|11|13 - Directing - Naivety

As I knew I would only be there for the first half of the session it was decided that I would lead the first half and Kelly would take over before I left. We also knew that it was a year 10 school trip so we did not have Med, James, Romina or Megan on this date. 

We wanted to experiment with showing Red being naive, so I wanted to play around with her being a passive character that is easily manipulated. For this I told Richard and Sam that they would have to be comfortable with picking up Emelia. I wanted them to pick her up just by the arms, and then have the females come through and support her underneath, in the same position as when they did 'I'm flying!' in one of our first sessions. 

This took a while to develop, But I wanted that part to end with her hugging Blue, as if the incident with the Wolf raping her had just happened because of her passive actions. I wanted the women to run in with urgency, as if they were directing more of their energy towards the men and helping red rather than protecting her and making her aware of this. I wanted the men to seem very aggressive, we worked on the way they held there body posture and their gait would be relaxed as they felt in control of the situation and they'd become aggressive at the site of a girl. 

We decided also that we would begin to put the final performance together, which meant structuring the performance and selecting our favourite idea's. 

After, Kelly developed this so it was ready to perform, this is that performance: 

No comments:

Post a Comment