Wednesday 8 May 2013

LESSON SEVEN - 8|5|13 - 'Berkoff - Juxtaposition in Script'

Within the script we juxtapose between speaking our thoughts, and speaking to one another. This lesson we wanted to establish how we would differentiate between the two.

As my characteristics are ones that follow the dominate side, I want to show the clear contrast between mine and Ciara's characteristics, as although we want to show that she is eager too, mine she's the more 'active' character, and hers the submissive. To show this through my thoughts, I will be adjusting the tone dependant on the thought, but the pace will probably be faster as I am excited and eager to talk the man and I want to reflect that in the thoughts by putting forward the honest persistence she has. The tone of this is key, as Ciara is also persistent so retract herself away from the situation, she will also have quite a fast pace, but she will use a more downhearted tone as she thinks she's stupid for thinking about him. He persistence is not aimed at talking to him, but aimed at stopping me. This is where humour can be produced for the suppression and ignorance I have of Ciara's characteristics shows the audience where the story is going to lead.

As I am talking, I will slow my pace down to seem more calm and collected in order to show how I am building a façade for the man. This becomes ironic when later on I say I don't want my name to be printed so men can imagine me, because I'm allowing myself to be imagined by the man to be something I'm not. Such as, interested: 'please do' (when he asks to sit down), and by showing that, I make myself appear available when later, it's discovered I'm married. By adding this flirtatious and eager side to the character it shows how the events following aren't necessarily harassment as she wanted attention from him from physical attraction. Using the calm voice also provides the contrast between the spoken thoughts and dialogue with the male making it easier for the audience to establish what the characters know and the extra information they are being told by a specific character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment