Wednesday 22 May 2013

LESSON NINE - 22|5|13 - 'Berkoff - Lunch'

Today's lesson focused on adapting the script, so I thought you easy way to tell you about the thought process behind this would be though this vlog. 



After doing an out of lesson rehearsal to keep up with our schedule, we managed to complete a few more pages. The section we worked on was finding out about Thomas's job.

When I say 'you're not on holiday, what do you do?' I am bringing forward the fact I've taken into account his appearance, which is clearly office wear. Jake creeps out from Matt, and slides to either side whilst saying his lines, walking his fingers down my arm for one of them, and brushing up my leg on the other, and then whispering 'birthday present' to him, I am in a freezefram, to show that this is the thought before Matt's immediate reactions. Matt's reaction is to spurt out 'selling mostly'. This shows how he doesn't like his 'sleazy' side and is trying to cover up Jake's attempt of sexualising the job.
Throughout the section, the action for 'space' is a physical representation, where we make define a square in 2 movements and repeat them in synchrony. Matt jumps up onto the bench and I move forward as if I am imagining the amount of space.





No comments:

Post a Comment